Monday, November 26, 2007

Brain Drian!


Well, I have had the occasional pregnancy brain drain in my day, but this week takes the cake! So, I was standing in the hallway at church in the middle of an impromptu Relief Society planning session when Jason said, "Hey, did you see Diego.. oh" and then turned around an walked the other way, to look for him since I was in a meeting (so I thought). Diego had just been walking in the hallway by me so I assumed he might have wandered into the classroom next to me where the choir was practicing for the Christmas program. I excused myself from the conversation and poked my head into the classroom to look around for Diego. I didn't see him in plain sight so I asked one of the young women if she had seen Diego come in there. Awaiting her reply, I did another scan of the room and and I found him... on MY hip. Yeah... too bad I noticed this AFTER I had made it clear to the choir that I didn't know where he was. I almost cried from laughing. I can see forgetting glasses on your head, but a child on your hip... REALLY!!
This is comical, but does give me some relief/hope that at least my subconscious mind knows what it's doing, and is tending to my responsibilities. Much less scary than REALLY forgetting him or losing my sweet and wonderful little guy! Just the thought makes my heart and mind cringe. I'll take the short term memory loss of picking him up any time!

7 comments:

Brynn said...

HA HA HA!!! Lucia that was so funny and made my day! And, i think brain drain is not necessarily reserved for pregnant women...I find myself doing things like that (though admittedly, not EXACTLY like that) all the time! Thanks for the update and the laugh!

Jessie said...

That is a good one! You are so fun. Just goes to show how comfortable you are being a mommy!

Alyson said...

I swear, I am airheaded like that all the time! How funny is that. The other day I filled a cup full of milk, and then put the milk away in the cupboard instead of the fridge! I think the more kids you have, the less brains you have.

frankman said...

How funny!

jenn said...

oh, lucia, you make me smile. pregnancy brain is a real thing! i'll find the scientific research someday to back it up!

Rebecca said...

Ok...that is hilarious! Unfortunately, I have a brain drain and I am not prego (congrats by the way). Thanks for the laugh!:)

The Flynn's said...

That's hilarious! I would have liked to see the look on their faces when you asked them if they'd seem Diego. Too funny!

Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you.

Harold B. Lee