Sunday, June 21, 2009

We have been incubating...

Influenza is circling our neighborhood, and with the rise in the swine flu, the doctors are treating all the flu cases like H1N1 . We had a fun week, and played with some neighbors all day for 3 days before they found out their baby had influenza. Considering that fact that Athen had been loving on his best baby friend all day, and sharing half eaten strawberries with him, I was pretty sure we were exposed. We stayed home for 6 days, to play it safe with the 4-5 day incubation period, but apparently, it wasn't long enough because today, day 9: Diego woke up with the first symptom, the dreaded high fever *Dum dum dum!*


So, here we go. Forgive me if you don't see me for a while. I'm really hoping we never find out if it is actually the "Swine Flu" since they only run that test if you have to be hospitalized. Meanwhile, what does this up the ward count to Jessie? Are we at like 10th family?

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Ooh, bummer, I'm sorry. I was so hoping you guys had made it through unscathed. I hope it all passes quickly. And I have no idea how many families have had it at this point--counting you guys, at least 6, I think. Yuck, no fun.

Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you.

Harold B. Lee