Monday, October 14, 2013

Half a day in the RAK

Eid is the feast of the sacrifice, a celebration of when Abraham didn't have to sacrifice his son, so naturally, ram is on the menu and we saw a LOT of sheep headed for feasts on our trip to RAK! 

We also saw a lot more camels than on our trip to Abu Dhabi, but we couldn't get any decent pictures! 


We spent the afternoon in Ras Al Khaimah with a few friends and had a blast in our host's lovely pool! 


After hours of food, friends, and great conversation, we headed back to Dubai, with a quick stop at a public beach along the way. The kids were in heaven, and so was I! I just love the beach and I have been aching to go since we arrived! It made me so happy to see my kids enjoying the best free water entertainment there is: waves!











 We will definitely be doing this again!

No comments:

Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you.

Harold B. Lee